Vår hovedtrener slutter for å flytte tilbake til Spania og vi søker hans erstatter.
Vestre Aker Badminton is one of the largest clubs in Oslo and we’re looking for a motivated coach to start in August 2020. Help us build one of the largest and best junior groups in the country!
Our club was established in 2011 and currently have around 140-150 active multi-national players of which more than half are juniors (age 6+). We have Miniton courses and beginner courses for juniors aged 8–16, as well as a dedicated group of U13, U15 and U17 players, of which the two latter are also playing ranking tournaments at a national level with great results and both our U13 and U15 teams have qualified for the national finals several times. The club has senior teams at all levels of team leagues from the Elite division and down and participate in all local and ranking tournaments.
We are looking for someone who wants to play an active role in developing and growing our junior and senior section through training and recruitment, in addition to further develop our Teknika program for the youngest juniors. We offer a part time evening job with some weekend work, as well as additional hours through holding badminton courses during the daytime. Training hours will increase with more members, but you are likely to need a part time job (or study) in addition to training. Experience within personal training or other qualifications will be beneficial.
- Head coach for all organized training in the club (plan and execute all training sessions).
- Captain and coach for the first team in the Elite division (pick players, set up team and coach
- matches). Ideally also play for the team.
- Coaching players at selected tournaments and team matches (mostly in/around Oslo, some
travelling will apply, and recommend tournaments.
- Responsible for administration of the club’s training app.
- Season plans and follow up of players.
- Hold badminton courses at local schools in Oslo (age 8+).
- Report to and liaise directly with the board member responsible for all training.
- Over time work with developing training methods and set up group structures for the club as a whole.
- Trainer course;Trainer 2 (NO)/BWF 1 or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experiencecoaching juniors at any level.
- Reasonable level of play. Preferably Elite level, but not required.
- Experience within general training methodology & physical training preferred, experience with Teknika is a bonus.
- Interest in club and player development.
- Fluent in English or Scandinavian language.
- Positive and motivational.
- A growing club and culture where you can influence development directly
- 3-4 evenings of training a week
- Additional 1-2 evenings at other clubs possible
- Day time courses at schools to supplement hours
- 1-yearcontract with option for renewal
Application deadline: 21 June 2020
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.